Hello! Tjike! Welcome to Namibia.
Namibia, situated on Africa’s arid south-western coast, is one of the youngest countries in Africa. Wedged between the Kalahari Desert and the Atlantic Ocean, it is a land of contrasts – from wild seascapes to rugged mountains, endless desert dunes, superb wildlife and multi-cultural cities. After Mongolia, it is the least densely populated country in the world.
Coca-Cola Sabco ventured into Namibia in 1995, after the acquisition of Paradise Beverages from The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC).
The result was Namibia Beverages – a partnership between Paradise Beverages and Amcom – which today has two bottling plants, in Windhoek and in Oshakati.
The company strives to make a difference to the community it which it operates, through the following initiatives:
- It has several support programmes, conducted in partnership with the Indigenous People’s Business Council, which focus primarily on the emerging markets sector.
- It is involved with Junior Achievement Namibia (for youth) and sponsors bursaries for tertiary education.
- It sponsors the prestigious Frankie Fredericks Annual Athletics Event.
- It assisted with the joint funding of the Waapandula Noyaka project in Namibia’s northern region, which built a shelter (a neat building with courtyard and dormitories) for the relatives of hospitalised patients and out-patients.
- It is a founding board member of the Namibia Business Coalition on Aids (NABCO), and also offers free Aids treatment to permanent employees.
- It provides small business opportunities for orphanages and other welfare organizations.
- It set the benchmark for Corporate Social Responsibility through the Inspire! Project, especially the Damara Tern Breeding Project.
Its achievements include the following:
- In 2000, it received the ‘Best Country Performance’ and ‘Best Product Quality’ awards.
- In 2001, it received the ‘Bottler of the Year’ award for Western, Eastern and Southern African (WESA) countries.
- The Country Management Team was placed joint first in the 2006 Everest Competition with its CoheSAN entry, aimed at enhancing the living conditions of the San people in the Omaheke Region.
Namibians enjoy a wide range of beverages, including Coca-Cola, Coke Light, Coke Zero, Fanta, Sprite, Tab, Stoney, Bonaqua, Powerade, Minute Maid, Appletiser, Grapetiser and those from the Schweppes, Sparletta and Twist groups.