+254 20 6998 210
Jambo, Karibu! Welcome to Kenya.
Kenya, situated on the equator along Africa’s east coast, is best known for its mountains, deserts, colourful culture, beaches, coral reefs and some of Africa’s best wildlife attractions. Kenya also rates as one of the top five bird-watching destinations in the world. It is bordered by Ethiopia, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda and Sudan.
Coca-Cola started operations in Kenya in 1948, on a Nairobi plot measuring just a quarter of an acre. The new beverage proved so popular that another production line was commissioned almost immediately in the coastal town of Mombasa. CCS acquired NBL in 1995.
Coca-Cola Sabco’s Kenyan plant in Embakasi, Nairobi, employs approximately 923 people. It is one of the biggest bottling plants in the group. This state-of- the-art facility was officilly opened in 2005.
The establishment of the Embakasi plant was made possible by the tremendous success of its predecessors, Nairobi Bottlers Ltd (NBL) and Flamingo Bottlers Ltd in Nakuru, which together contributed almost 50% of the country’s total volume..
Nairobi Bottlers Ltd achievements in Kenya include the following;
- In 1995, NBL received the ‘Highest Quality Award’ and was named Kenya’s ‘Bottler of the Year’.
- In 2003, EKBL was the ‘Bottler of the Year’.
- In 2007, NBL won two awards in the prestigious Company of the Year Awards for Kenyan companies and organizations.
- In 2008, NBL won the first runner-up award in the prestigious ‘Company of the Year’ Award in Kenya.
- In 2009, NBL won the Marketing award in the prestigious Company of the Years Award in Kenya.
- Kenyans enjoy a wide range of beverages, including Coca-Cola, Coke Light, Sprite, Stoney, Dasani and those from the Krest, Schweppes and Sparletta groups.
- In 2010 NBL won Gold Quality Award recognition by Coca Cola Company
- In 2010 NBL awarded QEOSH Compliant and ISO Certification Certificate
- In 2011 NBL won ‘Best Practice’ Award by CCS
- In 2012 Operational Excellence – ‘OE’ – Wave 2 recognition by Coca-Cola Company
- Diamond Mark of Quality certification by Kenya Bureau of Standards
- FSSC 22000 ( Food Safety Management System ) certification by Kenya Bureau of Standards
- IS0 9001 Quality Management System certification by SGS
- ISO 14001 Environmental Systems certification by SGS
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System ( OHSAS 18001 ) by SGS
|Country Manager:||Daryl Wilson|
|Logistics & Customer Services Manager:||Richard Muturi|
|Manufacturing Manager:||Duncan Kimani|
|Human Resources Manager:||Elizabeth Chemengen|
|Finance Manager:||Josphat Mwangi|
|Public Affairs & Communication Manager:||Selena Olende|
|Sales and Marketing Manager:||Daniel Koech|
|GDP per capita:||$976|
|Plant Locations:||Embakasi and Umoja areas of Nairobi|
|Job Creation multiplier:||12 jobs for each job in value chain|
|Number of MDC's:||157|