+264 61 320 7000
Hello! Tjike! Welcome to Namibia.
Namibia, situated on Africa’s arid south-western coast, is one of the youngest countries in Africa. Wedged between the Kalahari Desert and the Atlantic Ocean, it is a land of contrasts – from wild seascapes to rugged mountains, endless desert dunes, superb wildlife and multi-cultural cities. After Mongolia, it is the least densely populated country in the world.
Coca-Cola was founded in Namibia in 1953. Coca-Cola Sabco ventured into Namibia in 1995, after the acquisition of Paradise Beverages from The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC). The result was Namibia Beverages – a partnership between Paradise Beverages and Amcom (today called Namibia Development Corporation). During 2012, Namibia Beverages became a private Company called Coca-Cola Namibia Bottling Company (CCNBC) with the same partners having share in the new founded Company. CCNBC today has bottling plants in Windhoek and in Oshakati.
CCNBC strives to make a difference in the communities where it operates as is evident through the following most recent projects:
- Joint funding of the Waapandula Noyaka project in Namibia’s northern region, which provides shelter for the relatives of hospitalized patients and out-patients.
- Recycling awareness campaigns and local partnerships in order to enhance Collection & Recycling within Namibia.
- Empowering woman throughout Namibia by providing business skills training through our STAR programme. Various other programs are also running with the aim of providing woman with the skills and resources to run small businesses profitably.
- Founding board member of the Namibia Business Coalition on Aids (NABCOA).
- Various sport sponsorships, incorporating support for the disabled in participating in various sport codes.
- Support for the SAN community in the Omaheke Region through its CoheSAN project since 2004.
- Setting the benchmark for Corporate Social Responsibility through the Inspire! Project, incorporating the Damara Tern Breeding Project.
CCNBC’s achievements include the following:
- 2000: CCS Best Country Performance Award | CCS Best Product Quality Award
- 2001: Bottler of the Year award for Western, Eastern and Southern African (WESA) countries
- 2006: Jointly first in the CCS Everest Award
- 2007: PMR Diamond Arrow Award
- 2008: CCS Employee Engagement Award | PMR Golden Arrow Award
- 2009: PMR Diamond Arrow Award
- 2010: PMR Golden Arrow Award | CEO Award
- 2011: PMR Diamond Arrow Award
- 2012: CCS Best Practice Award | PMR Diamond Arrow Award
- 2013: PMR Diamond Arrow Award | CCS ROIC Award
- 2014: PMR Diamond Arrow Award | CCS CEO Award | CCS Information Accuracy Award
Namibians enjoy a wide range of beverages, including Coca-Cola, Coke Light, Coke Zero, Fanta, Sprite, Tab, Stoney, Bonaqua, Powerade, Minute Maid, Appletiser, Grapetiser and those from the Schweppes, Sparletta and Twist groups.
|Managing Director:||Norton Kingwill|
|Manufacturing Director||Anton Zietsman|
|Financial Director:||Michael Wilson|
|Sales and Marketing Director:||Pottie de Bruyn|
|Human Resources Director:||Jaco van Zyl|
|Procurement and Planning Manager||Izak Maritz|
|Loss, Risk and Operational Excellence Manager||Gerard Bezuidenhout|
|GDP per capita:||$5 785|
|Plant Locations:||Windhoek, Oshakati|
|Job Creation multiplier:||±4 000|
|Number of MDC's:||120|